Not only is it hard enough in life to find the perfect outfit, but it’s even harder to find five outfits that all look great together for photos! Don’t worry. I’m here to help!! Here are some DO’s and DON’TS of clothing for your photos.
1. Match!! It’s boring! Do you really want everyone wearing khaki pants and white shirts? Let’s be honest, this is a little ’90s.
2. Have everyone wearing the same color. Again, this goes with the matchy, matchy!
3. Put children in uncomfortable clothing. If they are uncomfortable, it will show in the photos!
4. Wear shirts with logo’s or distracting pictures on them. It’s distracting in photos and takes away from the person wearing it.
5. Wear sneakers! Unless you’re posing for a basketball or gym shot…leave the sneakers at home! Don’t forget to think about your shoes as part of your outfit!
1. Coordinate pop’s of color. Establish a base color, like grey, and then accent with 1 or 2 splashes of color, like yellow or turquoise. Not everyone needs to wear the accent color. Let the accent color shine, but don’t over do it!
2. If the weather allows, layer your clothing. It creates an awesome visual for the camera!
3. Combine colors and patterns, but make sure they go well together! This also creates visual interest for the camera.
4. Bring pieces of clothing that are unique to your personality! Do you always wear scarves? Wear a scarf that goes along with your accent color!
5. Wear something that flatters you, and that you feel great in! I know, I know…you think this is obvious! But you would be surprised how many times I hear a client mention that they are self conscious about a certain area…and then wear something that accentuates it! So, if you don’t like your arms, wear a long sleeve shirt or jacket. If you love your arms, show them off! Bottom line, if you feel great and comfortable in your clothing, your photos will reflect that.
Here are some examples of great outfits for photos! Don’t be afraid to experiment with color!
We are South Florida’s premier Wedding Photography and Videography team based out of Fort Lauderdale! We specialize in capturing your special day through beautiful wedding photographs and wedding cinematography. Serving weddings in Miami, West Palm Beach, Coconut Creek,Pembroke Pines, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton and Key West. Available for Destination Weddings and for world-wide travel.